Professional Indemnity

Call 020 8644 8484 for a quote

What Is Professional Indemnity Insurance, And Why Do I Need It?

If your business gives professional advice to your clients, or the work that you undertake, as a contractor, for example, involves design work, you should consider Professional Indemnity Insurance. (Historically, some businesses have had to have this cover in place as a legal requirement, these included: Insurance Brokers, Estate Agents and Horse Riding Schools.)

Professional Indemnity Insurance covers you for costs such as legal expenses and compensation following a claim made against you.

Claims are usually for things such as giving clients poor advice that may lead to either financial loss to them, or poor design that leads to failure of performance of a given project, such as building design or electrical installation design.

What Cover Do I Need?

Cover limits are tailored to your needs, and we will discuss this with you. Usually cover starts with an indemnity limit as low as £100,000 and up to 'infinity', according to your requirements.

It is usual that the higher the limit of cover, the higher the policy excess will apply.

Important Points To Note

As with all insurances, it is important that you have the correct cover to suit your business needs. You must be aware of policy conditions, endorsements and excesses applicable.

We will discuss all of these points with you and guide you through the process to ensure you are accurately covered.

Please give us a call, or request a call back, and we can discuss your requirements, and as always:

If we can't give the best price, we will always give the best advice.

You might also be interested in:

Breakdown CoverCaravan CoverExcess ProtectionGAP CoverSpeed Camera GuardLegal ExpensesPet CoverPublic Liability InsuranceTools CoverKey Cover