Second/Holiday Homes

Call 020 8644 8484 for a quote

What Is Second Home / Holiday Home Insurance, And Do I Need It?

Our holiday home insurance policy is designed for houses, apartments, flats, cottages or chalets. If your holiday home or second home is abroad, this can also be covered.

Cover is very much as you would expect from a standard Home Insurance policy, including the following:

  • Cost of temporary accommodation and loss of pre-booked rental income following loss or damage to your buildings.
  • Personal effects contained in your home included within your contents cover.
  • Use when let to family, friends and others.
  • Accidental damage cover for your buildings and contents while let (as long as proof of a signed rental agreement can be provided).
  • Discounted rates available if higher excesses are taken…

However, there are usually restrictions to the cover, as is to be expected.  These might include:

  • Requirement for a weekly inspection of the premises by either yourself, or a designated key holder.
  • Theft cover being restricted to ‘only where signs of Violent and/or Forcible entry or exit of the premises is visible’.
  • Heating systems to be left on throughout the winter months in order to avoid the likes of burst pipes claims occurring.

Please give us a call, or request a call back, and we can discuss your requirements, and as always:

If we can’t give you the best price, we will always give the best homes

You might also be interested in:

Breakdown CoverCaravan CoverExcess ProtectionGAP CoverSpeed Camera GuardLegal ExpensesPet CoverPublic Liability InsuranceTools CoverKey Cover